Inspired by the message and example of Jesus Christ, Catholic schools live out a distinctive educational vision. Supported by the Catholic community of which they are a vital part, they invite students and their families into a faith-filled educational experience.
St Joseph's has formal written protocols in place to address complaints. These protocols are in line with the Catholic Schools Office and the Catholic Diocese of Maitland-Newcastle and have been developed to provide a consistent approach for all diocesan schools.
The schools of the Maitland-Newcastle Diocese are committed to living the values of the Gospel. In the spirit of justice, peace, love and reconciliation, we aim to:
- Develop a positive and collaborative partnership between home and school
- Welcome and value diversity of opinion
- Understand the needs of students and families
- Have clear and open communication within the community
- Appropriately respond to and resolve issues that arise in schools in the best interests of all.
With the above in mind, we ask that parents and carers follow these protocols and the appropriate steps in resolving issues. All members of the St Joseph's school community are asked to remember that using social media channels to voice complaints and grievances is not the appropriate method.
You can access the Catholic Schools Office Complaints Resolution and Feedback information and resources via the link below.